If your website has recently started experiencing slow loading time, it may be signalling that you need to upgrade your web hosting plan. Although Shared Servers are pocket-friendly, you may outgrow their benefits once your website starts growing at a good rate. This is where Dedicated Hosting swoops in for your rescue.
What is Dedicated Hosting?
A Dedicated Server is a type of a remote server that is dedicated to a single client or organization. Unlike Shared Hosting, where multiple websites are hosted on a single server, all the resources of a Dedicated Server are used by a single client. The result is better performance for your website and consequently for your business.
In this article, we would list down the 5 top-most important reasons that would compel you to migrate your website to a Dedicated Server.
- Reliability: Dedicated Server is suitable for websites experiencing a high inflow of traffic. Shared Servers may experience performance degradation if one or all the websites start consuming a lot of resources. However, with a dedicated amount of resources at your disposal, Dedicated Hosting has been known to provide much better reliability for websites. It has a better uptime score compared to other traditional hosting solutions.
- Better performance: Since there is no contention for resources with other websites, a Dedicated Server offers better website performance. All the resources are utilized for a single website, which ensures that your site loads at lightning speed. This is particularly important for business websites, as research suggests that having a fast loading website can significantly bring down the bounce rate. A Dedicated Server can help improve the page load times, thereby decreasing the bounce rate and increasing customer retention.
- Improved Security: One of the major concerns for a growing business website is the increasing number of security breaches taking place. As opposed to a Shared Server where multiple websites share the same IP address, a Dedicated Server allows dedicated IP addresses. This ensures no interference from outside as the server is accessible only to you or for people you choose. Also, one can install security applications of their choice to further fortify the security of the server.
- Customization: The entire server is dedicated to a single client, and complete root access is offered to customize the server. Thus, you can tweak the server to your advantage by installing applications and operating systems of your choice. However, this may require prior technical knowledge of server management. For those who don’t want to get into the technicalities, there are Managed Dedicated Hosting plans offered by many web hosting companies. In managed plans, the hosting provider takes care of all backend processes, including server upkeep, maintenance and updates.
- Cost-effective: Although Dedicated Hosting plans may appear to be pricey on paper, it is an essential and cost-effective solution for a business website which cannot afford to risk their website performance. With a plethora of features and advantages, Dedicated Hosting provides the most bang for your buck.
From the above arguments, it is clear that Dedicated Servers are a good platform for businesses to host their website. However, conduct thorough research before you buy Dedicated Servers. Opt for a reliable provider rather than going for the cheapest option available in the market. Good Luck!