The iPhone 4 is currently the most popular phone available at the moment. Everybody likes an underdog so what phones are on the horizon that could potentially challenge the throne of Apple’s mighty mobile phone.
The dual-screen Android smartphone called Kyocera Echo is a first and one which comes from a company that virtually invented the smartphone. As the name suggests the handset comprises of two screens which fold out not too dissimilar to a Nintendo DS. The Echo comes with a host of competitive specifications: 2x 3.5″LCD touchscreens at 800 x 480 resolution
- 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, autofocus and digital zoom
- 720p HD camcorder
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Full HTML Web browser with Google Search
- 1GHz Snapdragon processor (QSD 8650 Android)
- 1 gigabyte (GB) of onboard memory and an 8GB micro SDcard for the external memory card slot supporting cards up to 32GB
- Voice and text notifications
- This phone is set to take multi-tasking to a whole new level and is expected to be launched in March.
- LG Optimus 2X
The LG Optimus 2X is the world’s first dual core smartpone. Initially this device will be launched with Android 2.2 and will be upgraded to Gingerbread once it becomes available. It runs flash and its speedy dual-core processors make the interface quick and smooth. This Android feature filled handset will no doubt go down well when it is launched. Some of its many features can be seen below: Display – 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches
- 8 MP camera, autofocus and LED flash
- Dolby Mobile and SRS sound enhancement
- 8 GB storage, 512 MB RAM
- MicroSD, up to 32GB memory storage
- 3G, HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- 1080p Video
- Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor
- The LG Optimus 2X is expected to be launched in March.
- HTC 7